Call for Papers / Abstracts Deadline: April 4, 2014
Submissions accepted will be for an oral presentation.
The following are suggested topics for presentations. Please choose one topic when submitting your paper/abstract.
- Managing claims – international best practice
- Dispute resolution models
- Role of inspection and control during construction
- Interplay of insurance products
- Risk rating of new technologies for underwriters
- International investment
- Economic outlook
- Weathering the economic storm
- Green Technology/Green Homes
- Building to Net Zero
- Six-storey woodframe
- Modular and container housing: opportunities and challenges
- Soils remediation
- Indoor air quality and air tightness
- Zero carbon mandates and housing development
- Affordable housing strategies around the world
- The credit crunch, consequences to housing supply and government response
- Registration of builders – what does it mean for consumers?
- Redevelopment/refinancing opportunities for social housing
- Social housing and warranty
- Life cycle and maintenance of social housing
- The Internet and the Age of Customer Transparency
- Builder Rating Systems: voluntary or mandatory?
- Putting stakeholder engagement to the test
- Consumer expectations and satisfaction
- Protecting Against Extreme Risk
SUBMISSION OF PAPERS/ABSTRACTS
Prospective authors are invited to submit their papers and abstracts through the online form above by April 4, 2014.
The word limit for abstracts is 200 words and the recommended length of each paper is 6 pages, however longer submissions will be accommodated. Papers shorter than four (4) pages will be accepted for presentations, but not included in the conference proceedings.
Papers and abstracts must be written in clear English, which is the official language at the conference.
Notice of acceptance of papers/abstracts will be sent within one month of the deadline.
Please note you will be asked to create an account before submitting your paper/abstract. Once your account has been created, you will receive an Access Key. Please keep this Access Key on file as it will allow you to make changes to your submission(s) or submit another paper/abstract until the Call for Papers/Abstracts deadline.
You will receive automatic email confirmations after creating your IHHWC 2014 paper/abstract account, and submitting your paper and abstract. If you do not receive the email confirmation within 24 hours, please email email@example.com to verify successful submission.
PUBLICATION OF PAPERS
Accepted papers will be published as the proceedings of the International Housing and Home Warranty Conference 2014. The proceedings will be published electronically and available in PDF format on the IHHWC 2014 website.